Dont' forget : insurance for foreign students
Our new project is to invite international students to attend our lectures and courses during a Summer Program to improve their French and their knowledge of French culture ("French language and culture immersion in the heart of Paris" In partnership with the famous and prestigious theater "Comédie Française"). Read here our Summer Program Brochure
- daily language classes and conversation. French grammar, French literature, conversation
- Theatre workshops, in partnership with La comédie Française
- a daily conference / debate on "Women who have shaped France"
- a daily visit to a neighborhood in Paris in connection with the conference.
- a Loire valley castles daytrip : on the tracks of Catherine de Médicis...
- Housing : in the very center of Paris (accomodation in private homes, in youth hostels or in rooms in the charming boarding school of the famous high school Louis-le-Grand, Paris, 5th)
The theme developed this year in connection with the identity of our institution will be "Women who have shaped France". It will highlight the revival of French research in the wake of gender studies and women's studies. The conferences will explore history (Women and the Resistance in connection with the recent burial of two women in the Pantheon), cultural history (Women intellectuals in France), history of art (Women and the Impressionists in Orsay), anthropology or literature (Women and the revival of the French novel in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries). These conferences will be combined with visits to the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay, but also emblematic neighborhoods of Paris.
The subject we propose this year ("Women who have shaped France") originated from the observation that French Universities are developing an increasing interestin gender and women’s studies.
We will go well beyond studying the biography of some prominent female personalities. Our approach will include social groups as well as individuals, and will examine underlying trends of History as opposed to single events.
Collège Sévigné, Higher education, 39, rue Henri Barbusse 75005 Paris
RER B - Stop at Port-Royal or Luxembourg (sortie 3)
Tel : + 33 (0)1.53.19.07.48 (english spoken)
E-mail : email@example.com
Headmaster : Soizic Charpentier
Director : Jean-Pierre de Giorgio